
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!! WE LOVE YOU!
Last week was my moms 60th birthday! We had a ton of fun. My sister put a picture of my mom when she was a teenager in the news paper, the next day I told my mom we were taking her to dinner and she didn't know all of her brothers and sister were going to be there along with her mom and dad. The day after that my sister and I lied to her and told her we needed to run some errands then we took her to a day spa to have a full day of fun treats, a pedicure, manicure, facial, and body massage. She loved it! She was so suprised and we found out she is the most gullible person we have ever met! We love you mom and we had so much fun.
On Friday I was able to pick up my dress and that was so much fun! It seems so surreal saying I have a wedding dress. I love it!
We also registered at Target and Bed, Bath and Beyond. For those who have done this they realize that it is so exciting and you kind of get carried away. At first you are being a little cautious but then you started scanning crazy things, like SHOE TREES Nate? Yes he scanned little wooden things that keep your shoes in shape. I didn't even know that until my sister called me and told me. We had fun but we are kind of hoping that we don't get some of those crazy items we were having so much fun scanning. :)

We also recieved all of the paper for our invitations. Which is great news, now I just need to start putting them together. Nate as you can see above was so great and he cut ribbons for me for two and a half hours. I was using the hot glue gun to place the ribbon where needed. We were doing so well but we were needing a break so we went to dinner. As usual I threw a fit and decided to take all of the stuff home and make them myself. As I was loading the hot glue gun I pushed a little too hard and the hot glue landed on my left hand. As a natural reaction I tried to grab it with my other hand. End result both of my hands are burned and blistered! I was in shock so it wasn't too bad until I remembered that our engagments are this coming Friday and the HUGE burn and no skin left is directley below my ring! I then started to feel my throat tighten, my eyes fill with tears and called Nate to let him know the news. Before Nate was able to get there my roomate Jen came home and tried to doctor me up a little but my hands were throbbing and Nate insisted we go to the insta care. 
Nate's first question was, "So I guess we won't be taking any pics with your hand on my chest?" I then started crying because I could just imagine this picutre with my huge bandage. I cried harder talking about pictures then I did when they fixed my hand up.

When the nurse started cutting the skin it wasn't bad at all but the blisters were another story. He would just stick the scissors right in the middle of the blister and snip. Oh man, I was biting my lip so hard and tears were streaming. I looked up at Nate who was sitting on the other side of the room Laughing and mouthing I LOVE YOU! He said it was funny to watch my facials. I don't know if I would say funny but whatever, I'm just happy he was there with me.
5 comments:
Oh sister I am so sorry :( You can still see the ring...even with the bandage on, so I guess that will make for some memorable pictures :) Love you
Ahhh! I had no idea! How painful for you. It'll all work out you just wait! I want to do invitations soon so lets set a date!!! xoxo
Your pictures will be wonderful without a ring shot. You are too cute to have a bad picture! I'm sorry that you got hurt so bad I think I would have cried for days.
Oh that is so sad. I feel for you. Burns are the worst. I hope it heals quickley. If you need anything let me know!!
Linds you poor thing! I hope you are doing okay. It is so stressful trying to have things perfect for your wedding and something always has to go wrong! Let me know if you need anything!
Post a Comment