Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Nate turned....

Nate turned 27 on April 17th. We had a suprise party for him at Karen Pullman bowling lanes. Lacey and Jordan helped me get him there which ended up a lot easier than I thought it would. They said, "What should we do tonight, bowling?" Nate replied,"Yes, let's go to Karen Pullmans." Really? Is it that easy to get Nate to his own party that he has no idea even exists? The answer is YES!


We had a great turn out. The boys hid and when Nate walked in they yelled HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Nate jumped a couple feet in the air (scared to death) and then just looked at all of them in disbelief. It was so funny, I wish that I had a close up of his face but it was dark and this will have to do.




















Nate was so suprised and we really appreciate everyone coming. We know it was short notice and we had a couple of friends that couldn't make it but Nate received a ton of phone calls, and texts from everyone who couldn't be there.
The day after his big party Nate ran a half marathon. He woke up at 4am and got ready for the big race. He did such a great job. He finished in 1 hour and 59 minutes. I didn't get to see him cross the finish line so no cool pics but I am so proud of him. He has such determination. Nate had some company running, Lacey and Katie ran it as well and they also rocked my socks off.

3 comments:

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

Happy Birthday Nate dawg. I sure do miss you! That party looks like a blast. And you finished that race way fast... did you have any runners poo incidents? Good job for putting everything together Linds.

Jesse and Kimmie said...

It was such a fun time at Nate's party. Sorry I didn't get a better picture of him being scared :(

Lindsey Sharp said...

we are sad we missed it! we love you guys!!