Sunday, August 9, 2009

FYI

Just a quick update, We got to Las Vegas! The ride was smooth and slow. We couldn't go too fast because Nate and his dad were both pulling trailers. We stayed in St. George with Stuart's brother Paul. It might have been one of the funniest nights of my life. They are such a fun family and they kept us very entertained. Thanks for letting us crash there for a night. Saturday we pulled into our new apartment complex about 11am and walked in to do a final check before we signed the papers. The apartment smelled rotten, like someone had bad bum, let it sit in the toilet for a week in the 115 degree heat. Oh man we weren't havin it! We went back and asked for a different apartment and they were happy to let us change but the problem was... no electricity. We had called the power company ahead of time to turn on electrcity to the apartment we thought we would live in but they were closed on Saturday! We tried everything and they still wouldn't come. Luckily Nate has an aunt and uncle who live here and they have been so generous to let us stay until our power turns on tomorrow morning. Then we can unload the boxes and feel like we really live here instead of us feeling like we are on vacation. For all of you who may be wondering about me, I have done okay! A couple small break downs nothing too serious.
A thanks to Stuart (dad) Susan (mom) Dave (uncle) Jake (brother) and Austin (cousin) for helping us move in. We have been so grateful to have family and help from all of them.

We miss everyone and will see you soon!

8 comments:

Rat Fam said...

Glad you made it there safe! Good luck settling in.

Lindsey Sharp said...

I was happy to hear you made it safe! i am glad you are in your apartment now! good luck linds and nate! We miss you guys!

Shayla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shayla said...

Glad you didn't stay in the apt with the bad bum smell :) Also, glad you made it safe and hope your coming back for Bunco on the 25th (no excuses) :)
-Shayla

Isaac Family said...

Oh Linds I can't tell you how much I've been thinking of you! Bry told me he talked to Nate today so I'm SO glad you're in your apartment now! I would've demanded a new one too. I already miss you but I'm so happy for this fun adventure! xoxo

Jillene said...

I heard about the some of the chaos that went down. I am so sorry. I hope that everything is getting better now that you are in you apartment. Keep us updated.

*~**~Matina & Kamie~**~* said...

happy u made it! have fun!

Kristy said...

Just remember that we love you and we can't wait to visit.