Monday, August 9, 2010

Finally

We had another amazing weekend in Vegas! I have been waiting for WEEKS for these girls to get here. They are my Idaho girls and they are sooo fun. I had such a great time seeing all of them. We were able to meet up for a couple of events such as, shopping, lunches, and of course the water show at Bellagio.

Becky, Kimberly, Sara, me, Heather

Becky, I just love you. You have stayed such a great friend throughout the years. We had so much fun growing up together and causing chaos as wild teenagers. I am so happy that you could visit and see some fun shows while you were here.
We also had another visitor. My oldest sister Shannon came to visit. However, I have no pics with her to prove she was here, I do have a great sunburn that I can blame on her. We sat at Aria's pool for 4 hours. She is a great layout partner. I hope you had a great birthday, and I am so happy I was able to spend some time with you. Love you.

Although the highlight of the weekend or should I say year that we have lived here was....

Not taking Nate to a candy store but...
Garth Brooks baby....

Travis came to Vegas just to see Garth with Nate. We stood in line for hours, and I pouted like no body's business but it paid off. We were able to get tickets on the 5th row, dead center.
We couldn't believe that we got such great seats, camera's aren't allowed so I wasn't able to take any pics of Garth himself but of his beautiful guitar. I can honestly say that I cried because it was so awesome. Don't make fun because I am pretty sure Nate's eyes were a little steamy too. It felt surreal being so close to such an amazing country artist. He asked for requests from the audience and had Trisha Yearwood sing one of my favorite's, "Katie and Tommy"
I don't think I can ever again complain about listening to Garth the whole way to Utah, for six hours straight because I fell in love all over again. Nate was wide eyed, and ear to ear grin the whole show. I think I would have almost watched him the whole show because he was so excited, okay so I couldn't but he was pretty cute to glance at throughout the night.
We love you GARTH!!!

4 comments:

Lindsey Sharp said...

Love the Garth story! He really is amazing! I am happy you guys got to go! Countdown is on! See you in 10 days and 6 hours

Isaac Family said...

Yay Linds! I loved this post. I'm glad you guys got to go! Countdown? I'll see you in 7 days and 14 hours!

Nate & Lindsey said...

I love countdowns!

Kimberly said...

best weekend!! I'm still amazed you were able to squeeze everyone in!! I had so much fun hanging out with you!!