It started good, I am really out of shape and I had been really sick that week but I was taking meds and thinking it wouldn't affect me too much. I know you will lose some respect for me here, I had a bad runny nose and I needed to blow, I told Nate and he walked to a tree picked off a leaf and handed it to me. I had a mess, up over my nose and down my chin so I actually did a farmers blow! For those who don't know what that is, you blow snot into your hands because you dont' have a tissue.
I married a mountain man. I was slowing him down quite a bit but he was a good sport and listened to me weese and waited for me to catch my breath on every switchback. We were about 2 miles up and there was a sign that said. .5 miles left. I was so relieved and anxious when I saw that sign. That last .5 miles turned me into a different person. I was yelling at Nate when we got to the chains and sign that said SLIPPING ON ROCK RESULTS IN DEATH. I felt like my legs were jello and he kept saying, "We're almost there!" I yelled, "quit lying to me, I don't want to hear you say that one more time until we ARE there." Then a man appeared laughing and looked at me with his wide smile. He told me it is okay to lie to a girl when hiking a mountain. Nate started laughing that really loud laugh which led to my face burning with mortification.

With a happy ending we did it. It was pretty neat to be at the top and once we got passed the chains I felt like myself again. I was able to laugh and we actually ran down some of the trail. Nate reminded me of the monster I was at the top, and said he wished he had a video camera to prove to me how awful I was.


6 comments:
So pretty! It looks like it was worth the hike! You go girl :-)
Jared and I did this hike a few years ago. It was tough but totally worth it when you get to the top. Those chains are crazy though.
Way to go Linz! I'm so proud of you! Who cares if you had snot running down your face and had to just blow your nose. I would have done the same thing. I hate it when my nose runs and I have to keep gently wiping it!
Well, even though I dry heaved through half the story...I am proud of you! What a good wife :)
Good for you Linz, although I did think that the snot running down you face was a little nauseating. It sounded like you had tones of fun. Zions in so beautiful. Tell Nate I laughed my head off when I found out he sharted. We are now even with the whole bee's nest thingy.
Good for you for doing this! Bryan and I were just reading and he said that it's a pretty intense hike. I don't know if I'd dare! Good job!
Post a Comment