Friday, July 17, 2009

Oh Boy

Yes, another baby boy! Hudson Daniels was born Monday, July 13th! My brother and his wife have their first baby boy. Teagan was so excited she kept telling me that she wanted to hold him by herself and she wouldn't stop hugging and kissing him. I'm not going to lie I am a little worried for his safety, she loves him so much that she won't stop loving on him. He is very precious and I love his tiny little face. Love you so much Ty, we are so happy for you!

Nate and I had the week off and decided to explore Utah.

Tuesday we went for a small ride up American Fork Canyon! Nate was being so careful when I was on back but when he let me drive I shook him up a little. It was a great day!


We went to Escalante on Wednesday and hiked calf creek falls. We saw one snake and one deer.
It was such a pretty waterfall and we had the entire place to ourselves, don't worry we didn't get frisky!



I LOVE this picture so much

This is my hunka hunka burnin love right here...


Thursday we went to Moab to hit some trails. I have never mountain biked but I think it looks fun and thought I would be up for the challenge. Nate rented some bikes and we went to Slickrock. For those who are not educated on biking, here we go, they rate the trail 1-4. The hardest trail would be ranked a 4 that is what Slickrock is ranked. I am sorry to those who bike, I am such a disgrace. I was feeling great when I got on the bike, we rode around the parking lot warming up.


Nate is amazing, he was jumping, and flying down the hills. He didn't have a hard time going up either! I swear he is good at everything he does and makes it looks so easy.

As for myself, this is me maybe 10 to 15 yards into it. I turned around, mad as H, and walked back to the parking lot. That is what happens when I get scared. I told Nate to keep riding, he followed me back to make sure I was okay and I warned him he'd better get a move on it after we rented mountain bikes for 3 hours at that price. He was a good sport and went by himself.
The sign warns that people have not always returned from this trail. I know this because I was in the parking lot for two and a half hours, I rode up and down the road a couple of times and just kept circling the parking lot re-reading the signs. Just picture it.


Friday we hike The Arches National Park, We made it to Delicate Arch. It was only a three mile hike round trip and we rocked it. It was such a fun hike.



It is hard to see but Nate is standing in the middle of the arch.


This is a pretty easy hike, We had such a good time. I had never been to Moab and I wouldn't mind going back with a little more bike practice I think I could really learn to love it.

8 comments:

Monica Lifferth said...

You crack me up. I think it is pretty cool you two are getting outside and enjoying nature.

Devin, Abby, and Grady said...

Fun Linds! I probably wouldn't have made it around the parking lot very many times. So you're a step ahead of me. haha Can't wait to hang out Tuesday!

Devin, Abby, and Grady said...

Or a week from Tuesday I mean...

: said...

I love love love Moab. Next time you guys should rent a Jeep and go Jeepin. Stay away from Hells Revenge though....they don't call it Hells revenge for nothin. Looks like you guys have been having fun! Lucky!

Isaac Family said...

That is so awesome! I'm so glad you guys took this week off to do this with eachother. You will remember it FOREVER! You're a good sport Linds- it's hard to do stuff like that. You guys are cute!

Clark Family said...

Congrats on the new little nephew! How fun! What a fun week! I think it's awesome that you guys to advantage and hit a few great places in Utah. I love the biking story that's hilarious! You're a great sport to try and then wait it out! Hope you guys got your moneys worth! Can't wait to see you guys!

Jesse and Kimmie said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome time. still think st. george would have been better though ;) haha j/k.

Jillene said...

You guys are the funnest couple in the world. I wish me and ty would have taken advatage of traveling and having as much fun as you guys do. Tell nate that we have to and want to say good bye to you guys before you leave. Love you guys and thanks for all of your help with Teagan. Your awesome.