Monday, March 1, 2010

Nascar 2010

It is time for you to know. My dad is one of the biggest Nascar fans ever. Lucky for Nate:) He was able help my dad's dream come true. They attended the Nascar 2010 race in Las Vegas this weekend. They had great seats, the weather was amazing, and my dad was rooting for Jimmy Johnson, the winner of the day. The rain was a big concern on the first day of the race, it was pretty chilly day. Thankfully the day Nate went he came home with a sunburn instead of pneumonia.


Nate was getting ready to leave the morning of the race and came out with a "sleeve" of tattoos. My mom laughed so hard and my dad said a couple of cuss words. He just wanted to fit in.

We were able to show my parents around the town. We surprised my dad and got him tickets to see Bill Engvall. He and Nate loved it. It was their boys night out.

The Bellagio water show is always so much fun. This time it was so windy and we were going against the wind. We ended up soaking wet when the water started shooting. At least we had a good laugh.
I had never been to Hoover Dam, so we decided to take a 30 minute drive and have a history lesson. It is pretty incredible that all of those people sacrificed so much for this place.





Then we checked out Lake Mead, it is really low right now and so big. It made me so anxious for summer, boating, and tan lines.

While the boys were out, my mom and I decided to treat ourselves to a show too! KA was very unique. I have never seen anything like it. It was fun to see my mom watch a cirque show. She was in awe and it was a really neat show. Although I am not going to lie I like La Reve so much more.



We went to the Blue Man Group. The only advice I have is not to go see it if you have to pay full price. Thank goodness our tickets were free.

I am so thankful that we live close enough to have visitors. It has been so much fun for us to have friends and family come stay with us. I love my mama so much and I was so excited for her to visit and just see what we do and where we live. Thanks mom and dad for everything. Love you both!

5 comments:

Lindsey Sharp said...

LIndsey you look so stinkin cute in all your pictures! I need to come see you girl! In May for sure!! Love you and sounds like you guys had a fun visit with your parents!

Elle and Clint Stallings said...

Wow you guys have fun all the time. Lindsey is right you do look so cute in all your photos my fav one though is of Nate and his sleeve oh my gosh I laughed so hard, he plays the part well. I was thinking about you guys today. Great to see that your doing well. I know Liam would have loved the Nascars too.

Isaac Family said...

We wondered if you went! (My sister and her fam had tickets so they were down there) So glad your parents came down. Even though I don't know your mom I just love her because of how much you do. We love you guys and miss you!

lex and josh said...

You are the cutest couple ever! You guys are always doing such fun things! We need to get together...:)

*~**~Matina & Kamie~**~* said...

Hi LINDSEY! U look so happy and Im happy your family can come visit! I will be out there the end of next month we should do dinner or something so you can meet Elway! ttyl