Thursday, June 2, 2011

Valley of Fire

Summer break 2011...

We decided to hit up Valley of Fire. I was right, Nate loved it. He was climbing every rock he could reach. It was so fun to see him scaling the rocks. For those of you who don't know, Nate is an amazing rock climber. He used to go for days at a time, and just climb. Since we have been married, the poor guy never gets to do his old outdoor hobbies.
There are some really cool rocks, and the scenery is just beautiful. We chased lizards, and jack rabbits. We had so much fun.
I love this picture below, he was getting pretty creative considering he didn't have a rope and harness.
I look more like a Buddha in the arch.

There is a lot of history in this valley that was really neat to see.

I love my mountain man. You are such a good husband, and I really appreciate every time I would get scared I couldn't get down from a rock you would do your best to walk me through it, or climb back up to help me. I love that you would make me sit in the car to cool down, and drink a lot of water. I love that you wanted to climb higher, or go further, and explore more but you didn't cause you knew I couldn't keep up, or get to the top you desired. Thanks for all you do for me. I love you!

No comments: