Friday, October 31, 2008

It didn't happen.....

Any of those who don't know, and all of those who do! Well I've lost my hearing. I know it sounds crazy but it's true. I started to notice it around Christmas last year. It kind of started as a joke, ya know like, "oh no, you're going to need hearing aids at the age of 25." Well it isn't a joke any more, yes I can still laugh about it most of the time. I do get a little emotional at others. It is really frustrating to know that someone is talking to you but you have no idea what they are saying,or Nate's famous line, "Linds, I told you that!" Well guess what, I didn't hear you. I am posting this because a lot of people that talk to me might get a smile and head nod, usually means I didn't hear you. I have discovered I hate saying, WHAT?

I have seen three Dr.'s and had an MRI. Luckily it isn't too serious. I do need surgery in both of my ears, but only one at a time. A stapedectomy, it just means I have some bones that aren't vibrating and they should be. From what I understand, so far, they will replace my stapes bone with a prosthetic one. My mom, dad, and brother have all had this same surgery, and I can't wait.

Today I had an appointment for what I thought would be to schedule my surgery. I have had this appointment for a little over a month. I was so excited and not nervous at all. But due to insurance, and a lot of miscommunication, I was not able to have the consultation. I am back to point A! I know that everything will turn out great, and I am not worried for a second. I just wanted to update everyone that I have yet to find out when everything will take place. Thanks for all your support. I will keep everyone posted,

13 comments:

Mikey & Melissa said...

Linds,
you are a trooper. just hang in there. I don't know why I say that - you have had the best attitude through all of this. I just love your guts.
mj

ashley knell said...

Geez Louise friend! I mimick the comment before - hang in there! I'll be there soon!:)

Malissa said...

We hope that everything works out! We will all be so glad when you can say "I hear you loud and clear!"

Rat Fam said...

Darn I thought you would be able to start looking forward to surgery. I know you need a vacation (not that this would be one) but now you have to wait even longer to get it all done. I am very familiar with the smile and the head bob :)

tanya said...

I know what you feel like. If you want I can teach you sign language and we can talk about people at work and they won't know! Or I can give you my mom and dad's hearing aids?! j/k Hopefully it happens soon I know how much you were looking forward to this. let me know if you need to take work off. Love ya

Clark Family said...

Oh man Linz that does sound frustrating!! I hope all works out! Let us know if you need anything. I know we're far away but we can always do something to help out. Keep us posted.

Lizzy said...

Oh my goodness Linds, I had no idea! I hate that you are having to go through this . . . I'm so glad that they can actually do something about it though. I will definitely be praying for you that you can get that surgery asap and that everything will go well. Love you girl!

Isaac Family said...

Ahhh! Linds I am so sorry for you! I'm glad to hear you're not worrying too hard about it because it all will be fine and it will all work out. Anyway, miss you guys and hope you're having a good weekend! xoxo

John and Erin said...

Hey Lindsey,
Wow that is really surprising and sad to hear. You sound really optimistic about it though and it sounds like everything will work out. I'm sure you've got a lot of support from family and friends. We'll be praying for ya! Keep up the good spirit and laughter. I know that's easy for me to say.

Palmer Family said...

Oh, my gosh...that is just crappy. I am so sorry about the whole insurance garbage--been there. You are awesome and everything will work out...just like you said! Let us know if we can bring you dinner, kick Nate, or anything else!

Jesse and Kimmie said...

You are such a great example of having a great attitude during adversity. We can all learn something from ya :) Love you to pieces Linds!

Kristy said...

That sucks! now you won't hear me if I make fun of your crack, etc. I am sorry! Good luck with everything! We will bring the boys back ASAP!

*~**~Matina & Kamie~**~* said...

linds! hope your surgery goes okay! good luck!