Friday, November 14, 2008

I did it!

My get well braclets from Brevin, 6 and Kesler 3! They made them all by themselves!


My favorite card I have ever recieved! It says, Sorry I couldn't come to the hospital then on the inside it says he loves me. Brevin, you are the cutest 6 year old EVER! I love you Mr.




Brevin has always been smart but now he is really showing it. He traced his hand and made a turkey card for me, it actually has a green piece of paper behind it that says I love you Sis

I had sugery at 11:30am


We arrived at the surgical center around 9:45, checked in, Nate made friends with all of the office. My admitting Dr. was a kick in the pants, and didn't wear underwear. We both saw some of his crack! Funny huh? I did the norm, take my blood, pee in a cup, (I had asparagus the night before, poor nurse) wore the nastiest hospital clothes and socks, placed an IV in my hand, signed a lot of papers and waited to meet the surgeon. Yes, you heard me right I met the surgeon about 15 minutes before surgery and he was GREAT!!!!

Well,I kept teasing if anything happened than I wanted to have him give certain things to certain people and Nate was tyring so hard to hold a straight face. All morning Nate kept saying are you sure you can't have gum, or a mint! I couldn't eat anything, and I kept brushing my teeth but Nate has the smelling of a hound dog! I apologized to the nurses and don't remember much more that that.

I guess I was out for a long time, this next part I don't remember but my mom, sister,and Nate were all embarrassed of me. Here we go, The nurse woke me up and told me I looked really pale and needed to drink something, I could hear Nate saying, "she is pretty out of it!" I guess I snapped, saying some nasty things to him and telling him I had enough of him. He left for minute to get my fam, then he returned and I saw he had a latex glove on, I told the nurse she needed to check my purse because Nate kept steeling the gloves from a box in the little room I was in,(which is true) Poor Nate, I think he felt pretty stupid. Then she asked Nate to roll the hospital bed into a different room and I said, "No, he will run me into the wall because he thinks that kind of stuff is funny. He said they all think he is like the biggest jerk! I really made him look bad. Sorry baby!

The best part is I don't remember, We went to get some ice cream, big mistake, but we were all just sitting there having a good time when someone said something about it. My mom, the cutest lady ever, tried to be so nice and said that I had repeated myself ALOT! So, then they told me everything and I was literally laughing so hard that I was crying. Tears streaming down my face.

So far everything is good, It was pretty painful when I got home and my dearest husband was trying to get me home fast, which made me really car sick. He has been great though! A couple of lortab helped, I will have a cotton ball in my ear for about 2-3 weeks. Then I will have a check-up where I will find out if the surgery was success, I am feeling really good about it! Then I will go through all of this again for the other ear in 4 months.



Thank you everyone for all of the texts, phone calls, and visits(mom & ad)! I really appreciate all of you and your willingness to help with anything.
Nate, Thank you for being so great through all of this. I know I was pretty rude at the hospital and have said some crazy things today, but I love you and think you are doing such a great job taking care of me.





14 comments:

Lindsey Sharp said...

that is hilarious linds!! I am dying laughing! I hope your doing okay! love you!

Clark Family said...

That is sooo funny. I kept laughing through your post. With all the surgeries I've had I can totally relate. I'm way mean when I come off the sleepy drugs. I'm glad you're doing good. If there is any long distance needs please let me know. Good job Nate it's important you take good care of your little wife.

tanya said...

Glad to see you made it! It is pretty funny what that stuff does to you huh?! Take it easy and let me know if there is anything we can do for you. Take care..

Palmer Family said...

Ah, Nate deserves a little crap every now and then! He can take it just fine!!! I'll call Nate and see how you are!

Malissa said...

I am glad that everything went well! We are crossing our fingers with you that the surgery is a success! Good luck to Nate with taking care of you...we all know Lindsey can be a handful (jk)!

Isaac Family said...

Funniest thing I've heard! I love it... Glad everything went well and sorry we didn't make it up there! I feel like a really crappy friend but thanks for understanding!

Just Us said...

Yea! I'm glad everything went well. I am so happy for you. Those were some pretty cute get well cards you got.

Jessica said...

Glad everything went well. I hope people speak really loud to you, like your some old deaf person, that would be hilarious. LOve you

jayne said...

we thought about you all morning at work on friday. glad everything went well. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall at the hospital! you are hilarious. take care of yourself!

M-n-M said...

Hey Linds-

I talked to your mom at Chads missionary farwell - (she is such a great mom) anyway she said things went really well. I just thought I would tell how brave you are - ear surgery can be so so painful. Good luck with this surgery and the next. Misty

John and Erin said...

I love that you just unloaded on Nate ... that's pretty funny. I'm sure he loved it. We'll be thinking about you. Sounds like it's going well.

Elle and Clint Stallings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elle and Clint Stallings said...

Hey Lindsey I tried calling you Friday night cause we wanted to come by and visit you guys to see how were doing. Well I hope you can call me when you have chance. Thanks babe. Hope your well xox

*~**~Matina & Kamie~**~* said...

Yay! It's done I'm glad your okay too Linds!!Love ya