Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Cancun

One year anniversary! Can you believe it has been a year? Well okay we are one month shy. We decided to celebrate in Cancun, Mexico. These are some pictures of Coba. We are repelling into a water hole where bats live! Yikes! We flew on a zipline, canoed across a little alligater water, which they didn't tell us until we were on one side and had to get back the same way we came. They said, "Don't worry, the alligators are small and they are only dangerous at night."























The Myan Temple was really neat. We were able to climb to the top and look out into the jungle. It was such an amazing view. We were able to drive through some villages and actually participate in a Myan ceremony and drink some honey. It was really neat to see their culture.


It was beautiful! Above, we went to an island called Isla Mujeres. It is such an amazing island. There we swam with dolphins, like how you see the trainers do in Sea World, Nate told me that I was going to be with a large group of 12 and 13 year olds but he was wrong. There were a lot of adults and the dolphins were really fun to swim with. We were able to grab their fins and let them take us for a ride. We were also able to rent a scooter and explore. We bought some fresh fruit from a sweet little mexican lady, which was delightful. This was probably my favorite day!

Parasailing was a little nervracking at first but very relaxing once you're up. The guys driving the boat knew that I was nervous so when they all looked up and with the biggest smiles ever, I had a feeling they were up to something. They dropped us in the water, pulled us back up, dropped, back up, dropped, get it? They thought they were hilarious. It did make it a lot more adventerous and me screaming (picturing a shark jumping out of the water eating me) made it fun for them too. The guys standing in the boat is the boat taxi driver that took us out to where we parasail. Nate actually fell off of his seat when the taxi started hitting some big waves, when he fell backwards he couldn't get back up. I was crying because I was laughing so hard. Although the girl sharing the boat was sea sick and not laughing nearly as hard as I.


Nate chose his own dinner, Mr. Lobster was not very excited when Nate picked him up.
We found one of the best places to eat in Cancun. It is called Hacienda Siscal. It was SOOOO good. We ate there twice and did I mention that I love fried ice cream, I ordered it both times we ate there.
We had such a good vacation, we were able to relax, get a tan, and just have fun.
If there is any debate where to go on a vacation I would totally recommend CANCUN!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jesse and Kimmie said...

looks like you had a great time! happy one year if i forget to wish you that next month ;) love you!

Lindsey Sharp said...

So fun Linds! I am so jealous! I love parasailing! I have never swam with dolphins but would LOVE to!

Anonymous said...

Happy one year "month early" but we don't need to say its still a month away. Looks like you had fun!!;) I would like to chat with you sometime call me @4352790677

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad you guys got to go! Seeing your pictures makes me want to go even more now! It looks like you had a blast!