Friday, May 14, 2010

Oh Happy Day




Today is such a great day. Why, you ask? It is the last day of Nate's first year of school! Hooray! Nate took his last final today. We are so excited for him to have a break. Oh wait, does he get a break? He is starting an externship with the probate commissioner on Monday. He will be working for him full time until July. (no, he doesn't get paid) He was also asked to do research for one of his professors, about 25 hours a week, on top of his externship. I don't really consider it summer break but I am so proud of Nate for being so motivated to work. I think it will be a great experience.

As for things Nate might miss while on his "break"
*tooting in the library
*playing racquetball with Deb (50 year old mom who is his best friend)
*Karl, the Jack Sparrow impersonator, coming to class in costume

Tonight we celebrate with a seafood buffet.
We also signed a lease today for this super stinkin cute house! We are moving into this new little place in about two weeks! The best part is... no drugs, domestic desputes, or dogs sharing walls with us!

6 comments:

Lizzy said...

So exciting to cross one year off the list! And that house seriously is soooo cute, I'm so happy for you guys that you will have such a great place to live! And jealous . . . still in this 2 bedroom apartment with 2 kids . . . hmmmm . . .

Elle and Clint Stallings said...

That's great news! GOod on you mate. We are happy for you guys, the house looks gorgeous. Cant wait to visit.

Lindsey Sharp said...

Linds cute house! yeah for Nate! Miss you!

Isaac Family said...

Way to go Nate! We're so proud of you! I LOVE your new pad- so happy for you both!

Hailee said...

Hey i love the house congrats to the both of you and nice job nate!

Bekah said...

Lindsey-not sure if you remember Brandon and I. We worked with Nate. It's already been 1 year? Wow! Time does fly by. It just seems like yesterday that Nate still worked at Fidelity. Brandon and I are expecting a baby in Sept, it's a girl. Check out our blog for updates. www.brandonbekah.blogspot.com I'm glad things are going so well for you.